Monday, August 11, 2008

Washburn HB30























Back to ES335 style guitars..... I really like this body style and since I sold my other two.... I had a gap to fill and I found a bargain on Ebay. This is a Korean made Washburn HB30 with Gibson '57 pickups and Gibson electronics already installed. The upgraded pickups are a big improvement from the stock pickups. Clear and articulate Humbuckers and just as good as any Gibson I've heard. Just cost a lot less. As for negatives, I would say that this is a pretty neck heavy guitar and the neck width is smaller compared to my Schecter Corsair that i regret selling. It just takes some getting used to...

I was originally looking for an HB35 which is the deluxe version of the HB30. The main differences between the two are a flame maple top, block inlays, and gold hardware. It's generally considered the best value of the ES335 copies out there. But for the deal I got this hb30 for, it was well worth it.

Washburn has had several variations of the HB line without changing the model numbers.... Generally, the japanese and Korean made ones are better quality than the current chinese made models. This also reflects my experience as I've seen Chinese made guitars have quality control issues while most of the Korean made ones have had superb quality controls.

2016 Update: I miss this guitar. I'm not sure what they kinda of mods they did to the electronics, in addition to the pickups but it sounded really really good. wish I had held on to this guitar.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My hb-30 has no serial number that can be seen, have been told by a few that this is an "82" it is Mint beautiful ,plays slick,sounds great and stays in tune. I bought the guitar from a very old man who couldnt remember how long ago he bought it but i dont understand why the serial number is not on the certificate