Monday, August 11, 2008

Fender Custom Telecaster FMT again!













Simply beautiful. The quality of this Korean made guitar is again top notch. As posted earlier, I sold my first one which was in a Crimson Red. This time I decided to get the Black Cherry burst. It also came with Seymour Duncan pickups. A '59 and a Pearly Gates Pickup. I ended up swapping them out for Gibson P-94 pickups. I really enjoy the P90 sound and thought they would look really good in this guitar. Because there was a coil tap already set up and P-94s are single coil, I had the coil tap switch modified so it can be in series and in parallel when both pickups are engaged. When in parallel, the sound of the pickups is very quack like.... The sound of the Gibson P-94s gives a very dark sound with the mahogony body and it drives very easily. Also the longer scale length gives a little more snap to the sound. THere are several different pickup combinations that intrigues me on this tele and with the coil tap option, I may eventually switch pickups again. But for now, I will say that P-90 pickups in a tele sound perfect. See my notes on my other Fender Telecaster Custom FMT for more info.....

No comments: