Monday, August 11, 2008

Fender Telecaster Highway 1

This is a 2006 version before they did a major upgrade of the model. Personally, I like this version better. The main reason is because this version has medium frets instead of jumbo frets. The Highway 1 series is Fenders lowest line of American made telecasters. The cost cutting it mostly on the finish which is a satin nitrocellulose lacquer finish. It's a matte finish that allows it to wear a little quicker. Personally, I like the finish because it lets the sound of the wood come through a little more. This guitar also has the smoothest best playing neck of all my guitars. It's extremely comfortable (the neck not the guitar body) and playable. The body isn't contoured at all so it literally feels like holding a block of wood. I also got a rosewood fingerboard on this one instead of the more traditional maple fretboard. To me, rosewood is just more comfortable.  I am looking to eventually replace the pickups... perhaps a set of Lindy Fralins. I have modified this guitar by replacing the white pickguard with a black one. 

No comments: