Monday, August 11, 2008

Schecter Porl Thompson Signature Corsair

Porl Thompson is the guitarist for The Cure. It has a very modern rock sound to it. The bridge pickup was wonderful but the neck pickup left much to be desired. The pickups also featured a coil split for turning humubckers to single coils which was nice. Artwork was done by a British Tattoo artist named Kev Grey. I well made Korean guitar. It also included a bigsby and a roller bridge to help the strings stay in tune. Another nice feature that gave it a nice feel is the ebony fretboard. A feature that's not found in many lower end guitars. 

I sold it to a Cure fan because in the end it wasn't the sound I was looking for. I regret it because the feel of the guitar is really nice and I should have just replaced the pickups in it. 
Also, I was worried that in time, the white color was going to start to yellow and not look as nice.

The neck is much wider than my Washburn (to come) which made it really comfortable to play. In retrospect, it's also lighter and thinner than my Washburn. Retail I think these are a bit overpriced and the resale value is pretty bad on these. Also check out the regular Schecter Corsair because they're basically the same guitars;however there are reports that some come with rosewood fingerboards instead of ebony. 

No comments: