Sunday, October 1, 2017

Yamaha Pacifica 611HFM

This is truly one of the best values for the money. It's a solid guitar that feels like custom shop quality for the price of a midrange guitar. It's a bargain for the $600 asking price and your getting a lot of guitar for the money. I can't think of another guitar at that pricepoint that will give you seymour duncan pickups and locking tuners. The transparent black finish is so gorgeous. The pickups fit perfectly with this guitar. The Custom 5 humbucker is a little modern sounding, but very clear and it coil splits nicely. This pairs well with the P90 pickup in the neck. Normally, I hate the strat style shape as it always tended to slide off me while sitting down, but this Pacifica never had that problem. It's extremely comfortable to play. 

The neck width is a little narrow for some people but the shape is comfortable and it's not thin. Overall, just a comfortable, versatile, great sounding, great looking guitar that won't break the bank. Highly recommended for beginners. Unfortunately, I did end up selling this guitar reluctantly. I have some other guitars that I just wanted to play more and so I was downsizing to make it happen. If there was one knock, and it's more personal preference, it's that it always sounded good in an almost too perfect way. It never inspired me creatively that was out of the ordinary. 





No comments: